Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Quinoa with Brussels Sprouts, Bacon and Blue Cheese

When my husband asked me what we were having for dinner with our grilled fish, “something good, or something healthy”, I knew I had to step it up a notch. So I added bacon and blue cheese.
 

2-3 servings

¾ cups quinoa
1 /12 cups of chicken broth
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
3 slices of bacon, diced
5 Brussels sprouts, sliced
2 green onion sprigs, diced
Juice from half a lemon
Blue cheese crumbles

In a rice cooker, or following the directions on the packaging, cook quinoa in chicken broth and EVOO.

In a frying pan over medium high heat, cook bacon until crispy. Add Brussels sprouts and cook until crispy and tender.

Once quinoa is cooked, stir in lemon juice, Brussels sprouts, bacon and green onions. Before serving, sprinkle with blue cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment