Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pork Tenderloin with Dirty Rice


I just put this dinner together using leftover pork from the previous night's grill out, made with my version of "dirty rice."

Grilled pork tenderloin, sliced (leftover from BBQ night before)
1 cup of Basmati rice
2 cups of water
Taco seasoning, about ¼ packet
1 can of red beans (Louisiana style), drained
Few dashes of Cholula hot sauce
Salt
¾ - 1 cup of frozen, chopped spinach (I also use Collard greens)
6 cherry tomatoes, halved

Add rice, water and taco seasoning to rice cooker. Midway through, around 10 minutes, add beans, spinach and a Cholula. Salt to taste.

Reheat sliced tenderloin in a hot frying pan.

When rice is done, plate with pork and tomatoes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda! I didn't know you had a blog! I'm gonna bookmark it. Love the dirty rice idea! It would make a great staple!

    ReplyDelete