Sunday, December 19, 2010

Broccoli Potato Soup

This week I’m cleaning out the fridge from our Christmas party last Saturday. We’ll be gone next week and I want to eat up all the food before it goes bad. This is what I made from the broccoli and sour cream I had.




4 cups of chopped broccoli
1 large russet potato, peeled and chopped
3 cups of chicken broth
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup of sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot, bring broth to a boil and cook potatoes for about 10 minutes. Add broccoli to the pot for about 3-4 minutes until tender.

In a blender, add the potatoes, broccoli, broth and garlic; blend until smooth. Towards the end, add most of the sour cream (save a spoonful to top the soup off with). Typically you would use heavy cream, but I wanted to use up the sour cream I had. Season with salt and pepper.

Pour soup into a bowl and swirl a dollop of sour cream into it. Serve with nice crusty or garlic bread.



No comments:

Post a Comment