Monday, January 31, 2011

Kumpir: Turkish Stuffed Potato

My Turkish friend invited us over for dinner and we had Kumpir, Turkish stuffed potatoes. Traditional Turkish toppings include cheese, sliced, hotdogs in tomato sauce, chopped pickles, chopped olives, corn, peas, mayo, ketchup and mustard. I was a little hesitant about pickles and mayo on my potato, but after I tried it, I was a believer!

Check out Mr. Kumpir's website and all the different variations: http://www.mrkumpir.com/eng/kumpir/menukumpir.html.html.

Kumpir with all the fixins

Available toppings
Bake saran-wrapped potato in microwave for 10 minutes, or bake in aluminum foil for 45 minutes. Cook until a fork easily pierces the potato. When the potatoes are ready, mash in a dollop of butter. Add the toppings of your choice.

Afiyet olsun!

No comments:

Post a Comment